WHO ARE WE?
The role of church planters in our program is to serve as indigenous multipliers, training and mentoring Christian leaders who will then build on their work in the region. This is done in order to create strong indigenous churches in Western Nepal. Our role as ENGAGE International is to train the trainers. That is, we want to equip the equippers.The way we do this is to send quarterly equipping teams to Nepal. While in Nepal these equipping teams run one-week intensive training courses on such subjects as practical evangelism, church planting, mission theology and biblical studies. They also look at key theological doctrines necessary for the local churches to mature. Oversight for each church- planter’s ministry in the region is the responsibility of our Nepali national coordinator Jiwan Gurung. His role is to mentor our church planters and to oversee the day-to-day on the ground work of the mission.
• To plant biblically based and maturing churches among unreached people groups (Col. 1:28-29).
• To provide practical helps, through works of compassion, for Christians in the third world (Gal. 2:9-10).
• The reach out into unreached regions with the Gospel until everyone has an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ (Rom. 10:14-15, 15:20-21).
• To equip local leaders (Australian) for cross-cultural mission (Eph. 4:11-12)
- The centrality of the Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2; Isa. 8:20).
- The glorification of God among the nations ( Num. 14:2, Psa. 96; Hab. 2:14).
- The need to partner with local churches for mission (Phil. 1:3-5, 4:15).
- Dependence upon God for mission, (1 Cor. 3:6-7).
Our strategy is to work with national Christians and churches training them to: evangelize, establish, equip and extend through the methods found in the ministry multiplication cycle- that is equipping the least reached to reach the unreached. At Engage we believe in planting indigenous churches and equipping local leaders to do the work of church planting because it is national Christians who will carry on the mission after Engage is gone.
- Sending short/long term equipping teams.
- Running annual bible institute courses (CLTI and CPTI).
- Partnering with local and international leaders and teachers who are like-minded.
- Planting churches that are self-governing, self-supporting, self-propagating.
- Providing written theological resources in Local Nepali language.
- Equipping Local (Australian) Christians with knowledge and encouraging passion for mission.