WHO ARE WE?
The role of church planters in our program is to serve as indigenous multipliers, training and mentoring Christian leaders who will then build on their work in the region. This is done in order to create strong indigenous churches in Southern Asia. Our role as ENGAGE International is to train the trainers. That is, we want to equip the equippers. The way we do this is to send quarterly equipping teams to different training centres throughout Southern Asia. While there, these equipping teams run one-week intensive training courses on such subjects as practical evangelism, church planting, mission theology and biblical studies. They also look at key theological doctrines necessary for the local churches to mature. Oversight for each church- planter’s ministry in the region is the responsibility of a local national coordinator. His role is to mentor our church planters and to oversee the day-to-day on the ground work of the mission.
• To plant biblically based and maturing churches among unreached people groups (Col. 1:28-29).
• To provide practical helps, through works of compassion, for Christians in the third world (Gal. 2:9-10).
• The reach out into unreached regions with the Gospel until everyone has an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ (Rom. 10:14-15, 15:20-21).
• To equip local leaders (Australian) for cross-cultural mission (Eph. 4:11-12)
- The centrality of the Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2; Isa. 8:20).
- The glorification of God among the nations ( Num. 14:2, Psa. 96; Hab. 2:14).
- The need to partner with local churches for mission (Phil. 1:3-5, 4:15).
- Dependence upon God for mission, (1 Cor. 3:6-7).
Our strategy is to work with national Christians and churches training them to: evangelize, establish, equip and extend through the methods found in the ministry multiplication cycle- that is equipping the least reached to reach the unreached. At Engage we believe in planting indigenous churches and equipping local leaders to do the work of church planting because it is national Christians who will carry on the mission after Engage is gone.
- Sending short/long term equipping teams.
- Running annual bible institute courses (CLTI and CPTI).
- Partnering with local and international leaders and teachers who are like-minded.
- Planting churches that are self-governing, self-supporting, self-propagating.
- Providing written theological resources for the local language.
- Equipping Local (Australian) Christians with knowledge and encouraging passion for mission.
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity, that he was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He was bodily resurrected and ascended into Heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
4. We believe that men and women are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord Jesus Christ, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. This event we hold to be an experience, rather than a doctrinal supposition.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling them to live a Godly life of obedience as they reach for maturity.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the Church.
7. We believe the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.